The Lynchburg Public Library has two locations to serve you. The Main Library is located at 2315 Memorial Ave, in the Plaza. The Downtown library is at 900 Church Street, on the first floor of City Hall.
The Library provides free services to all residents living within the Lynchburg city and the surrounding counties.
We have over 100,000 books, audiobooks, and movies available for checkout. We also have free wifi, and public computers. Printing, faxing, and scanning are available for a small fee.
Our friendly and professional staff is eager to serve you. Welcome to the Public Library!
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- Provide the citizens of Lynchburg with access to print and multimedia materials and informational services to meet their informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs.
- Increase the use of technology while maintaining traditional values, service and confidentiality.
- Encourage employees to develop their skills, performance and abilities through participation in training programs.
- Provide a secure facility adequately staffed with friendly, helpful and courteous personnel.
- Serve our public with wise stewardship of resources and reach out to all members of our community.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
The Lynchburg Public Library will serve as a center for education, information, recreation and culture; it will be an integral part of the City’s economic development plans. A highly trained and caring staff will strive to inform, enrich and empower every person in our community by creating and promoting barrier-free access to a vast array of ideas and information and by supporting an informed citizenry, lifelong learning and a love of reading. We will provide services through print and multimedia materials, the use of appropriate technology and innovative programs.
The following policies govern how we use our library.