Museum Passes and More
Did you know that you can check out more than just books and DVDs from the library? That’s right. We have other fun things you can check out to explore your world.
Amazement Square Museum Passes: Now available for checkout.
New rules effective May 2017
- 5 Passes – 4 at the Main Library and 1 at the Downtown Branch Library. Two passes at the Main Library will be no holds (available first come, first served) and 2 will allow holds. The Branch pass will be no holds (available first come, first served).
- Each pass checks out for 3 days and is good for 1 visit for 2 adults and up to 4 children. No renewals.
- Passes allow 25% discount on General Admission. EBT cardholders and their immediate families will receive FREE admission.
- Each family may only borrow a pass once every 90 days
- To checkout the pass, a patron must be a Lynchburg resident and have a Lynchburg Adult or Senior library card with no blocks. The passes are not available to non-residents even if they have a Lynchburg card.
- Patrons will sign a user agreement upon checking out the pass.
- For more information, please contact Youth Servies at 434-455-6320.
Toy kits provided by the Child Care Resource Center at Humankind are available for checkout. Each kit contains books and other materials to help introduce fun topics to young children. The toy kits checkout for 2 weeks. Take a look at what kits are available on our catalog.
Each backpack comes with nature guides to animals and plants, a magnifying glass, discovery activities, port-a-bug field observation container and a parking pass/free entrance to the stake parks. Backpacks can be placed on hold, but can only be checked out at the Main Library. Enjoy two weeks of park exploration with the backpack. You must have a Lynchburg card and be over 18 to check out a nature backpack.
Get a close up look at the constellations, planets, and meteors for two weeks when you check out the telescope. You must have a Lynchburg card and be over 18 to check it out.