With this form you can request a book from another library. By submitting this form, you agree to all policies and fees listed on this page.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN POLICY
- Patron must have a library card for at least three months, be in good standing and be at least 18 years old.
- A maximum of 3 requests at any time. A request is considered active from the time it is initiated until the material is returned.
- The library is unable to borrow items published with in past six months.
- The library is unable to borrow bound periodicals (magazines), DVDs, and audiobooks.
- ILL cannot borrow items printed before 1940 or within the past 6 months.
- Patrons owing fines of $5.00 or more and/or lost materials may not request interlibrary loans until the fines have been reduced, and/or the lost materials are cleared. The library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials.
- Materials must be returned by their due date to avoid late charges.
- Materials must be returned to the Adult Reference Desk and not in the Bookdrop or Circulation desk.
- Copyright laws apply to all interlibrary loans.
- Students are referred to their school/college for course related ILL requests.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN FEE POLICY
- Postage Fees: There will be a minimum charge of $2.00 for each item shipped via the US Postal Service.
- Article Fees: The library will attempt to request electronic copies of articles first, which can be printed for $.15 per page. If no electronic copies are available and a hard copy is sent, then the $2.00 postage fee will apply.
- Lending Library Fees: The library will always try to borrow items from libraries that lend free of charge. If a free source is not available, the patron will be required to pay the charges. The patron will be notified and given opportunity to decline the requested materials and the lending library fees.
- Overdue Fees: Materials returned late are subject to a $2.00 per item per day fee. ILL borrowing privileges will be suspended for six months if three ILL books are returned late within a 24-month period or if one ILL book is returned more than 5 days late.
- Lost or Damaged Fees: Lost or damaged items fees are set by the lending library. If an item is lost or damaged, the patron agrees to pay for the item at whatever cost the lending library sets.